Ok, we all know cannabis clubs in Spain are booming and flourishing more and more every day, as we are seeing it all over Barcelona and other parts of Catalonia. In Ibiza it is not different but the thing is every municipality has its own way to interpret the laws regarding cannabis, so this makes it a different situation and status on the Balearic Island and more specifically Ibiza, the party capital.
So this is how it goes, most of the cannabis clubs in Ibiza are very private and local-oriented and almost all of them will ask for a recommendation from a member of the club which makes it very difficult for tourists that are traveling for a weekend or a holiday. There are other alternatives to the member invitation, we have two clubs making new members through their websites and all you have to do is just fill in the information form and follow the instructions. These clubs are Ibiza Weed Club and Ibiza Coffeeshop and for what we have seen, they are part of the top clubs in Ibiza.
So how do you get a membership:
- Go to their website and fill in the form.
- Make sure you clearly read all the instructions provided.
- Cannabis Clubs are very strict with regulations so follow the rules.
- Go to the club directly with the instructions.
- Bring a government-issued ID that proves you are 18+.
- Never use the terms BUY or SELL, cannabis clubs are non-profit organizations and work under a “grey area regulation”. Please respect the rules or you will be denied entry.
- Every club has a €20 fee for a 1-year membership. This is non-negotiable and short term memberships don’t exist. Only cash accepted.
- Once you do the process, you will gain access to the dispensary and will be able to acquire or dispense cannabis products.
A few things to remember is that cannabis is legal in private spaces, nonetheless if the police find cannabis on you on the streets, they can give you a fine but they cannot take you to jail as is not a criminal offense. Remember to put all your precious weed in the inside fr your garments/underwear, that’s the only place the police cannot search you.
If you want to know more about cannabis and everything related to it check out our blog clicking here.