Benefits Of Cannabis Cosmetics
The wide array of benefits of cannabis for medicinal and recreational purposes is well known. But did you know that cannabis cosmetics are the next big thing?
Some of the reasons why:
- It offers a natural and potent anti-inflammatory. Cannabinoids (commonly called CBDs) are a natural and potent anti-inflammatory and antiseptic that have a positive effect on the immune system.
- It helps with skin irritation. When applied topically, cannabis offers localized pain relief while reducing swelling, making it ideal to help with bug bites, scratches and other skin abrasions. The high concentration of polyunsaturated fatty acids in cannabis also helps to relieve itching and inflammation associated with eczema. In addition, it relaxes and soothes skin and can treat rashes, dry skin, and even atopic dermatitis.
- Alleviates symptoms of psoriasis. Currently, there is no known cure for psoriasis, a skin disease that causes itchy, painful red patches on the skin. However, studies show that the cannabinoids in cannabis are found to inhibit the buildup of dead skin cells, a direct cause of psoriasis.
- It helps fight skin aging. Studies show that the CBD found in cannabis is a more potent antioxidant than vitamin C or E, making it very effective in the treatment of wrinkles and fine lines. CBD also helps neutralize free radicals and keep them from damaging the collagen and elastin in your skin, keeping your skin tight and youthful in appearance.
- Helps to combat acne. Loaded with essential fatty acids, cannabis provides hydration that’s often found to be lacking in people with acne. Its natural antibacterial properties can also help treat bacterial infection on the skin, which is a major cause of acne. In addition, studies show that cannabinoids can improve the appearance of acne because they’re natural anti-inflammatories that help reduce the inflammation of active acne.
- Fights bacterial skin infections. Containing antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, cannabis can help in fighting skin infections, including boils, cellulitis, impetigo and even folliculitis.
- Boosts your skin’s protective shield. The vitamins A and D found in cannabis contribute to the skin’s natural barrier in stimulating cell regeneration for healthier skin. These vitamins also help to protect the skin against damage from sun, smoke and other environmental pollutants. In addition, the fatty acids in cannabis protect and strengthen your skin’s outer layer, giving you healthy and more radiant skin.
Will cannabis cosmetics get me high?
No. Topical applications do not penetrate the bloodstream, so even if there’s a miniscule amount of THC present, there’s no worry about cosmetics getting you high. In fact, the only high you’ll likely get is the feeling of having healthy, natural and well-nourished skin!
Are cannabis cosmetics legal in Barcelona?
While the law regarding cannabis is ever-evolving in Spain, CBD may be used as an ingredient in the manufacture of cosmetics. Cannabis seed oil is already used as a cosmetic, and several companies have launched product lines with seed oil.
Where can I buy cannabis cosmetics in Barcelona?
As with any other cannabis products, we advise you do your due diligence to find a legal and credible source in Barcelona for cannabis cosmetics. A good place to start is inquiring to one of the legal cannabis clubs or coffee shops.