Barcelona, the new Cannabis Capital
There are several reasons why:
- The laws are ever-evolving. Although cannabis is not technically legal (yet) in Barcelona (and Spain on the whole), the rules and regulations are becoming laxer and less restrictive. On the other hand, the laws in Amsterdam regarding cannabis are stricter than ever.
- The explosion of cannabis clubs. The number of cannabis clubs in Barcelona is growing more every year and delivering better value to their members than ever before.
- Excellent quality and value of cannabis. Also in contrast to Amsterdam, the cannabis industry in Barcelona has not become over-commercialized. As a result, you don’t see the over-hyped and over-priced weed in Barcelona that is so common in Amsterdam.
- You can also enjoy weed in the privacy of your own home or apartment. Again, cannabis is technically not legal in Barcelona, but the law does allow for people to use weed freely in the privacy of their home or apartment. Combined with the multitude of cannabis clubs, this provides both residents and tourists many options to enjoy their weed in beautiful Barcelona!
A Cannabis Connoisseur’s Guide To Barcelona
According to the current law, you cannot “buy” weed in Barcelona. On the other hand, you can “acquire” it, primarily by “contributing” as a member of the cannabis club(s) you join. So, don’t expect to “buy” your weed at a cannabis club – and it’s recommended not even to use the “b” word. You can still “get” it or “acquire” it at the club, but it’s just a matter of semantics.
Also, do not purchase weed on the street. That is definitely considered illegal and can quickly put you in legal jeopardy, just like being caught publicly transporting cannabis. Therefore, when you do legally “acquire” your weed, be sure to hide it well when you’re transporting it home.
With that in mind, the best bet for cannabis connoisseurs is to become a member of a cannabis club in Barcelona, which currently has over 200 cannabis clubs that are considered private cannabis associations. Keep in mind that they are not public stores or coffee-shops, and you must complete a full membership registration and pay the application fee in order to enter.
Top 10 cannabis clubs in Barcelona
Following are what we consider to be the top ten cannabis clubs in Barcelona, based on a number of factors, including location, atmosphere, price, and quality of the products.
- Dragon Cannabis Club: Carrer del Bruc, 60, 08009
- Iceberg Cannabis Club: Carrer d’Aribau, 157,08036
- Smoke Cannabis Club: d’ Ausias Marc, 15,08010
- Marijuana Barcelona Club
- Barcelona Coffeeshop: Aribau, 71,08036
- G13 Cannabis Club: Carrer de Napols, 187,0813
- Weedbud Cannabis Club: Floridablanca, 134,08011
- Hash Oil Cannabis Club: Comtes de Bell-Lioc, 112, 08014
- Marijuana Club
- Beach Cannabis Club: Placa de Tirant lo Blanc,1,08005
- Cool High Cannabis Club: Comtes de Bell-Lloc, 112,08014
Stay tuned to this website for more updates, tips, and information for the cannabis connoisseur!